- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large onions, coarse chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarse chopped
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, quartered (approx 5 large tomatoes)
- 3 cups bell peppers, cut into eighths (about 4 bell pepers)
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (29 oz each). Drain liquid
- Habanero, cayenne peppers to taste.
- Brown beef in heavy saucepan on meduim heat. Add 1 tbsp chili powder
while the beef is browning.
- Drain beef.
- Return to heat, and add onions and garlic. Sautee until the onions
- Add the remaining chili powder, tomatoes, bell peppers, kidney beans,
and peppers, and stir
- Heat over medium heat until boiling. Stir thoroughly, then reduce
heat to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning, and heat for a
minimum of 45 minutes.
- Chili is ready to eat when the peppers are done.
- Chili is even better the next day.